Frames and Chassis
1. Any stock or hand made frame of at least 2 X 4 steel, .120 thickness may be used. Stock frames may be modified. Frames must extend from the front of the front wheels to the rear of the body. All Original, Square tube or Home Built frames accepted or checked by members.
2. Wheelbase minimum 99 inches-maximum 115 inches.
3. NO late model or modified frames.
4. NO street stocks.
1. Nothing newer than 1975. Body must be at least 10% of original size. Original Steel bodies Preferred. Aluminum and Fiberglass may be used for hoods and trunks ONLY. Preferred bodies Coupes, Sedans, Pintos, Vegas, Gremlins, Chevettes and etc.
2. Minimum height of cars from ground 47 inches.
3. No front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive cars allowed.
Suspension Rear Axle
1. Leaf spring and Coil over and Torsion bars OK. No new type re-valveable shocks. No inside suspension adjustments of any kind.
2. One shock per wheel maximum.
3. No drastic bar angles.
4. Any rear end or quick change may be used.
5. No open tube rear ends.
Suspension Front Axle
1. Any axle or A-frames. Any combination spring, springs, shocks or coil over. No new type shocks.
2. One shock per wheel maximum.
Motor and Transmission
1. Any American production engine (Chevy, Ford, Chrysler, Pontiac, Olds, Buick, etc.). No aluminum blocks may be used. All cars must run an approved fan shroud.
2. Only one (1) American made carburetor will be allowed on V8, no fuel injectors. Electric fuel pumps may be used if they are wired through the ignition switch.
3. Any American make transmission. No in and out boxes. All cars must have an operating reverse and clutch.
4. All cars must run an explosion proof bell housing, or an explosion proof mat or blanket that covers the bell housing.
5. Gasoline ONLY!
6. Distributor or magneto ignition may be used. All cars must run a battery and be self-starting, automobile battery 14” X 8” maximum size.
7. NO MSD ignitions or distributors.
8. 6 Cylinder or flathead motors any carburetion or cylinder heads.
9. V8 Motors NO aluminum heads or blocks. NO EXCEPTIONS!
10. Any engine size and any cam or intake or headers. Stock block and cylinder heads preferred.
11. Prefer mild and stock engines add cam & intake - headers, piston's.
12. If you have an original old race car, frame, body, leaf springs, suspension front and rear, members will vote to let car run if motor has after market parts.
13. NO stroker or destroking motors permitted.
Tires and Wheels
1. Any dirt oval track racing tire is permitted.
2. 13” Maximum width.
3. Steel or Aluminum.
1. MANDATORY SAFETY ITEMS - Belts-5 point harness, gloves, shoes, neck collar, drivers suit and SA-95 helmet, and fire resistant underwear. Track rules take precedence over our safety rules.
2. Roll Bar Padding is mandatory on any bar that head, legs or arms may hit. Padding on anything the driver may contact with is highly recommended.
3. Ignition switch must be labeled on/off with easy access by driver.
4. NO mirrors.
5. Fuel cells recommended.
$25.00 a year membership
$10.00 a night per non-members
Invitational only due to high car count and low purse.
All cars will be ruled by members of the club for safety and qualifications.
All cars must run our Gateway Vintage Stickers.
Recommended to put our Gateway Vintage Web Site Address on cars.
*REMEMBER ALL DRIVERS ARE TRYING TO HAVE FUN ON THE TRACK ALONG WITH ALL FANS AS WELL. THIS CAN NOT BE DONE IF EVERYONE IS OVER SPENDING ON THEIR CAR. THE MORE MONEY IS SPENT THE LESS FUN IT MAKES IT. WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE THIS A SPORT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD AND THIS IS DONE BY CHEAP STOCK MOTORS, USED TIRES AND PARTS AND MAKING YOUR OWN PARTS.